четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

chekhov anton biography




Today, my friend Arnau in Spain sent me music for a mini-CD�Iapos;m going to put out by him called "Per Sempre". Itapos;s cool stuff, super intense chugging sound, weird. I started to design the cover with his drawings but I�need hi-res versions to make sure it doesnapos;t print out all choppy.

Iapos;m really not keeping up with comics quantity. I finished screenprinting and binding the initial 17 I just made, shipping 15 out to the Secret Acres Emporium tomorrow, then Austin writes me and says he wants 15 for the Forbidden Planet store. I didnapos;t even sign the agreement with Tony to distribute it yet I really have to get my rear in gear...

Sorry for always writing about the same stuff every day.

I�half-watched a bunch of music videos by Liars today, a band that Iapos;ve always been trying to "get". I�say half-watched because I skipped through most of them because the music is so damn boring. Seriously, I feel like every song is just about to get interesting, but then it turns out to just be the same thing the whole way through. I donapos;t understand the appeal.

Iapos;ve been thinking about King Crimson a lot too, after watching that "Larksapos; Tongues in Aspic" video again, I looked up the percussionist, Jamie Muir, turns out he was a renowned improvisationist at the time but left the band to be a Buddhist monk, and now he just paints all the time. A quote from the interview:

"Fripp was definitely the boss, thereapos;s no question about it. And that was fine, he seemed to me to be a very good band leader. I think I was a wee bit too much for him, simply because I was so involved in improvisation. He was very much concerned with logic and function, he always worked his solos out before playing them. He had very fastidious and tight sort of habits....We were interested in group potential and creating monstrous power in music. Where I started playing drums on the album should have been a lot wilder - sheets of tin rattling and ripping, piles of crockery breaking, those sorts of sounds. One or two things that Robert would have found just too much. For a person like him it was a very admirable creative decision to actually work with somebody like me."

Maybe thatapos;s why they started to suck so much afterward. Iapos;m really not sold on "In the Court of the Crimson King", I�think that shitapos;s too goofy and everything after that is just downright embarrassing. Itapos;s a shame because it seems like the only time that something that groundbreaking and strange was given such direct attention from the general populace. Maybe Iapos;m wrong, this is from about 15 minutes worth of internet research, so it isnapos;t worth a whole lot, just judging a book by itapos;s cover, I suppose.

Oh yeah, Iapos;m think Iapos;m going to make a cassingle of "remix" songs I made. It depends on how many I can scrounge up to tape over. Also, it depends on me finishing the songs.



collision dallas repair, chekhov anton biography, chekhov anton pavlovich, chekhov biography, chekhov cherry.



Комментариев нет: